Citizenship by investment for Antigua and Barbuda has many advantages. If you secure citizenship, you will have immediate access to the following benefits:
Visa-free or visa-on-arrival entry is possible in 151 countries with an Antigua and Barbuda passport, including Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the Schengen Area of Europe.
In addition to the principal applicant and their spouse, applicants may also include a spouse, dependent children under the age of 31 (along with their spouse and children), parents and grandparents who are 55 years of age or older, and unmarried siblings.
- Applicants may also add dependents after receiving citizenship.
- Being a member of the Commonwealth grants Antigua and Barbuda’s inhabitants various benefits in the UK and other member states.
- The country offers convenient flight connections to North America and Europe, making it a desirable area to reside or acquire a second property.
Citizenship Requirements for Antigua & Barbuda Through Investment
The primary candidate must be at least 18 years old, satisfy all application requirements, and choose one of the available four alternatives to be eligible for citizenship:
- The acquisition of real estate from a project that has received approval, with a minimum purchase price of USD 200,000.
- a minimum non-refundable donation of to the University of the West Indies of USD 150,000
- The direct acquisition of a qualifying firm by an individual for a minimum of USD 1.5 million. Alternatively, a combined purchase in which each party contributes at least USD 400,000 and the sum is at least USD 5 million.
- Minimum nonrefundable payment to the National Development Fund of USD 100,000
- Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program procedures and timeline
- All applications must be processed by the government agency running the citizenship by investment antigua Unit (CIU) program. The CIU carefully reviews the application and may ask the applicant to appear for an interview if it is deemed essential.
The CIU conducts stringent due diligence procedures and will reject an application if the individual provides misleading information or omits any crucial details. The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program has appropriate documentation requirements and simple procedures.
If your application is accepted, you can pick up your passport in Antigua and Barbuda. Assuming there are no issues with the application, it is predicted that the process will take three to four months from when the application is submitted until the passport is issued.
During the first five years after attaining citizenship, a minimum of five days must be spent living in Antigua and Barbuda. However, because of the many travel limitations brought on by the COVID-19 epidemic, the CIU has temporarily suspended this requirement.
On August 31, 2022, this suspension will come to an end. The time frame under the real estate option could change based on the project. As a result, it’s crucial to pick a real estate project that can offer the developer the papers needed for the citizenship application.